Thursday, 01 March 2012
Need help getting things done?
What separates you, the entrepreneur, from anyone else with ideas is action. A lot of people carry ideas around in their heads, and that's not what makes them special. The entrepreneur sets himself apart by taking a risk and investing his time and money on his ideas. What prevents most people from action is a fear of failure. They are afraid to act because they are afraid they'll fail or that things won't go as planned.
Here are some quotes to help you find your motivation to act, persist and succeed:
1. "The critical ingredient is getting off your butt and doing something. It's as simple as that. A lot of people have ideas, but there are few who decide to do something about them now. Not tomorrow. Not next week. But today. The true entrepreneur is a doer, not a dreamer."
- Nolan Bushnell, founder of Atari and Chuck E. Cheese's
2. "The value of an idea lies in the using of it."
– Thomas A. Edison
3. "Ideas not coupled with action never become bigger than the brain cells they occupied."
– Arnold H. Glasgow
4. "Ideas must work through the brains and the arms of good and brave men, or they are no better than dreams."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
5. "A leader has the vision and conviction that a dream can be achieved. He inspires the power and energy to get it done."
– Ralph Lauren
6. "Persist and persevere, and you will find most things that are attainable, possible."
– Lord Chesterfield
7. "Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent."
– Calvin Coolidge
8. "Permanence, perseverance and persistence in spite of all obstacles, discouragements, and impossibilities: It is this, that in all things distinguishes the strong soul from the weak."
- Thomas Carlyle
9. "I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work."
10. "In the realm of ideas everything depends on enthusiasm. In the real world all rests on perseverance."
11. "Some people dream of great accomplishments, while others stay awake and do them"
12. "You do things when the opportunities come along. I've had periods in my life when I've had a bundle of ideas come along, and I've had long dry spells. If I get an idea next week, I'll do something. If not, I won't do a damn thing."
Do you have any quotes about getting things done? Share them below.